Jerry Banman from ReDesign in London, Ontario, was recently in touch with us to show us photos of one of their latest interior design projects. I love their modern aesthetic mixed with unexpected accents, such as funky wallpaper, cork flooring, and textured wall tiles.
ReDesign is on a mission to bring great design to the masses locally. First and foremost, they want to inform people of the great benefit of pursuing a design before having a space built or renovated. Ultimately, it saves time, energy, and costly mistakes.
The Whitehaven projects (main floor/kitchen completed about a year ago and ensuite just recently) began with a tour of a typical builders home built in the '80s. The clients had Lisa Banman, ReDesign’s Principal Designer, tour with them to ensure that their design preferences could be achieved in the home if they were to purchase it. Lisa assured them that the house could be transformed to achieve the client's goals and drew some preliminary plans to demonstrate this. The main floor received largely cosmetic attention (paint, flooring, lighting, etc.), but the kitchen was gutted and reconfigured entirely.
The ensuite redesign was the most recent project. A bizarre, over-sized ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet were re-configured to better suit the lifestyle of the clients. An enormous unused whirlpool tub was eliminated in lieu of a walk-in shower and extended closet space. Below are the design details:
- Walk-in shower with trough drain, hand held wand, body sprays, and two ceiling-mounted rain heads
- Heated towel rack
- Porcelain tile floor, shower walls and ceiling, tile base
- Glass tile on shower feature wall
(I spy a couple of Blomus shower shelves.)
- In-floor LED lighting between toilet and shower for low-level lighting (perfect for nighttime visibility)
- Floating Zebrawood custom vanity with white quartz countertop
- Glass mosaic tile on vanity backsplash with white quartz sill
- Single vanity sink with dual wall-mount faucets
- Acid etched glass 'barn door' between ensuite bath and walk-in closet
- Stranded bamboo flooring in walk-in closet
- Custom shelving in walk-in closet
Here are samples of other projects to give you an idea of ReDesign's range of work, from the modern to the unique and unusual.
I like the choice of materials in this space: Zebrano flooring, minimalistic glass railing, and round window.
A play on textures with the coolness of the stainless steel cube set against the warmth of the shaggy rug.
At first glance, the backsplash looks like a simple but colourful accent.
Upon closer inspection, you can see how fun and detailed it actually is. I love these unexpected twists.
Isn't this funky retro space fabulous?
Design credit goes to Lisa Banman (Principal Designer) and the photography was done by Erwin Loewen - www.erwinloewen.com.